While standing in the checkout line at Whole Foods Market, I glanced up. Emblazoned on the wall, is a series of simple, yet powerful signs.
The first one, is about six feet long and brown, with ten inch white letters proclaiming: Our Core Values
Beneath it, were five smaller signs. Each, about three feet by two feet. Their beige letters, state the five distinct core values of Whole Foods:
- We sell the highest quality foods available.
- We care about team member happiness and excellence.
- We satisfy and delight our customers.
- We create wealth through profits and growth.
- We care about our environment.
All, good stuff. Truly, food for thought! So it got me thinking…
What are your core values?
How are they communicated? Internally? Externally?
Are they tucked-away or highly visible?
And most important, how are you living and executing them?